Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Work on it Wednesday

Wednesdays are days for accomplishing things. It's not drag-yourself-out-of-bed-Monday, it's not TGIF, it's not a funfilled weekend. It's a no-excuses-gotta-get-something-done day.


So today, I'm working on one of the advent calendars. Not scrapbooking, all the little pieces in felt is very scrapbook-ish. My current step of the project is to sew on all the numbers to the pockets.


For those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, I'm making 2 advent calendars for my nieces. They are felt with pockets that have hand-cut felt numbers on them. Each pocket has some type of embellishment on it (buttons, crystals, applique, etc) as well. All the embellishments have been attached at this point, but I'm only up to sewing #7 so far with the numbers. I'm doing all the numbers with a blanket stitch, so it's easy to do in front of the tv, on the porch, in the living room, or where ever I might be. It's not hard, it's just a LOT of little steps to complete this gift. The idea is that we will give the advent calendar as a gift this year, and then next year, send 25 little packages to fill the pockets. I'm hoping it will be a fun way to get closer to these 2 little girls that I don't get to see very often.


Here's a sneak peak:





So, what are you working on today? Getting anything done? Feel free to leave a comment about what you're working on if that will help you be more accountable to actually getting it done!

Happy scrapping!
HeatherQ

No comments: